The 2019 Charleston Wine + Food festival offers more than 100 events over a five day span, March 6 – 10, 2019 including signature events, dinners, lunches, brunches, excursions, beverage workshops, hands-on classes, and the festival’s mainstay tasting experience- the Culinary Village. Here are are some of the things we look forward to!
5. Neighborhood Dinner Series: Taking place in a private homes + drawing inspiration from the distinct flavors of our neighborhoods, we’re stacking the deck with some of the country’s most renowned chefs and a few surprise guests that we have up our sleeve. While these chefs are known for their culinary accolades and world-famous cuisine, this meal will be prepared in an environment that is casual and laid back – right down the the winemaker pouring the wine into your glass. These dinners will take place Thursday through Saturday evenings.
4. Exploring the great City of Charleston, South Carolina!
3. SUNDAY FUNDAY!! Namaste Bubbly: Roll out the yoga mats and let’s get fizzical! We’re flexin’ into Sunday Funday with yogi + health enthusiast, Kathryn Budig, who will take us on a journey that will explore + challenge our bodies. Following the flow, delight in local healthy fare + imbibe in all things bubbly. Get down dog with ya’ bad self!
2. 400+ local and guest chefs including 2018 James Beard Best Chef: Southeast Winner, Pitmaster Rodney Scott , and Rodney Scott BBQ. And having wine at the 2018 James Beard Outstanding Wine Program Winner, FIG.
1. Located in Marion Square, the Culinary Village is the heart + soul of Charleston Wine + Food, and the 2019 menu is bigger and better than ever before. Opening Friday of festival week at Opening Ceremony and continuing through Sunday, an all-inclusive daily ticket guarantees five hours of tasting, sipping, chef demos, live music, retail therapy, and more. Whether a first time attendee or a Wine + Food veteran, the Culinary Village must be on your festival week itinerary.
Charleston Wine + Food is a non-profit organization with its giveback focused on supporting Charleston and the Lowcountry’s diverse culinary + hospitality community. Its priority is to create an annual economic injection that fuels Charleston’s vibrancy and growth and during just 5 days, the 2018 festival yielded an economic impact of $15.3 million, more than quadruple the organization’s annual budget.
A preview of the full schedule is available at charlestonwineandfood.com today, and tickets are available for purchase tomorrow, August 29th, 2018, at 8:00AM EST.
ABOUT CHARLESTON WINE + FOOD
Charleston Wine + Food is a catalyst for connections that inspire curiosity through thoughtful storytelling + meaningful experiences with a sense of place. Fueled by a contagious passion for the people and places that make Charleston worth celebrating, the annual festival infuses homegrown flavor with top chefs, winemakers, authors, storytellers, artisans, and food enthusiasts from around the globe for a five-day event that spans the first full weekend each March. Charleston Wine + Food is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that supports the Lowcountry’s diverse culinary + hospitality community through financial contributions to organizations or persons that directly benefit our local foodway initiatives and efforts to strengthen our local community.