Celebrate National Caviar Day With Crab and Caviar Fried Rice
2 cups cooked rice, DAY OLD
1 cup of chicken broth
1 1/2 Tbsp. fish sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 chopped green onions
4 Tbsp. cooking oil
2 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp ground white pepper
1 cup, 8 ounces lump crab meat
1 jar, 2 ounces of lumpfish caviar
1. Cook 2 cups of jasmine rice with 1 cup of water and 1 cup of chicken broth. Let it cool some and put it in the refrigerator for a day. TRUST ME. Fresh rice turns gummy in this recipe.
2. Over medium to high heat, add 2 Tbsp. of oil and 2 Tbsp. of butter to a wok or a large pot.
3. Add minced garlic to the oil/butter. When the garlic begins to brown, add the rice. Stir and mix the rice with the oil until warmed. Add the crab meat and stir again.
4. Make room in the middle of the wok. Add a Tbsp. of oil and crack the eggs into the spot. Scramble the eggs to cook them. Then incorporate the eggs into the rest of the fried rice.
5. Stir in the fish sauce, soy sauce, and ground white pepper and taste. Adjust seasonings if needed.
6. Turn off the heat. Add the chopped green onions, juice of 1 lime, and caviar.
7. If you want a bit of spice add siracha