Firecracker chicken is spicy, sticky and *so* easy
Ditch the Takeout for Homemade Firecracker Chicken with Rice It’s spicy, sweet and ready in under an hour.
2 large eggs
1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
⅓ cup cornstarch
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup sriracha
¼ teaspoon rice vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced, divided
Sesame seeds, for serving
Steamed rice, for serving
1. MAKE THE CHICKEN: In a large bowl, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the cornstarch and toss well to coat. Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and beat to combine.
3. Cook the chicken, turning a few times, until each piece is evenly golden brown and fully cooked, 7 to 9 minutes.
4. MAKE THE SAUCE: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Add the sriracha, rice vinegar, brown sugar, crushed red-pepper flakes and half of the green onions. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring continuously, and cook for 1 minute; remove from the heat.
6. When the chicken is done cooking, transfer it from the pan to a large bowl. Add the sauce, and toss well to combine.
7. Garnish with the sesame seeds and remaining green onions. Serve with the rice.