Jon Wolfe Celebrates National Tequila Day by Sharing Three Spectacular Juan Lobo Tequila Recipes
"The name, Juan Lobo Tequila, was birthed over eight years ago. My south Texas fans affectionately gave me that nickname, Juan Lobo, and it kind of became a bit of its own persona. As my affinity for tequila grew over the years, I decided to launch a passion project. I began working on my own tequila brand a little over three years ago now, and it just launched last July in Texas. It’s now available across Central and South Texas, and as of last week, it’s available on a national level with our newest online retail partner, Great American Craft Spirits. It’s 100% blue agave tequila sourced from the highlands of Jalisco, Mexico. We have three expressions: Blanco, Reposado, and Añejo… it's delicious stuff! For more information, head to juanlobotequila.com!"
- 1.5 oz Juan Lobo Tequila Reposado
- 1 small seedless watermelon, or half of a larger watermelon (Need 2 oz per cocktail)
- Tajin Salt
- ¾ oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- Agave nectar
Step 1: To make the watermelon juice, scoop the watermelon flesh into your blender and blend until it has turned into a smooth juice. Step 2: Rim your glass with lime, then tajin salt Step 3: In a cocktail shaker, pour the watermelon juice, Juan Lobo Tequila Reposado, juice from half a lime, juice from ¼ of an orange, a dash of agave nectar, and two jalapeno slices - Shake it! Step 4: Pour into your glass and garnish with a watermelon slice.
The Sergio Old Fashioned:
- A Double Rocks Glass - 1 Sugar Cube - Aromatic Bitters - 1.5 oz Juan Lobo Tequila Añejo - Large ice cube - Orange Peel
Rub inside of glass with orange peel, set aside
Add large cube of ice, a sugar cube, 2 dashes of aromatic bitters, and 1.5 oz of Juan Lobo Tequila Añejo to glass
Stir under sugar has dissolved - about 1-2 minutes
Twist an orange peel into the cocktail and enjoy.
Don Javier's Batanga:
- A Highball Glass - 4 oz Juan Lobo Tequila Blanco (yes, 4 oz) - 2 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice (or half of one lime) - Kosher Salt - Mexican Coca-Cola - Knife (trust us on this) Step 1: Use a lime wedge to coat the rim of the glass and dip the rim in a dash of salt to coat Step 2: Squeeze the lime juice into the glass. Add ice to fill the glass to the top Step 3: Add a very generous pour of Juan Lobo Tequila Blanco and top off the remainder of the available space with Coca-Cola Step 4: To honor Don Javier, stir with a big knife, the secret to its flavor
Website: http://www.jonwolfecountry.com/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jonwolfecountry Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jonwolfecountry/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/jonwolfe YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/jonwolfecountry