Slice Off a Piece for National Meatloaf Day with Metro Diner
Time to celebrate an American icon… The Meatloaf! Dating back to the mid-1800’s, this quintessential dish has remained the all-American meal and to honor National Meatloaf Appreciation Day on Sunday, October 18, the comfort food experts at Metro Diner are here to teach your readers how to recreate their famous griddle-seared meatloaf dish at home.
Metro Diner Iron City Meatloaf recipe:
· Meatloaf Mix
· ½ onion Chopped Onion
· 1 carrot Chopped Carrot
· 2 ribs celery Chopped Celery
· 6 medium mushrooms Sliced Mushrooms
· 1 each Egg
· 1 TBS Worcestershire
· Pinch Salt
· Pinch Pepper
· 1 cup Breadcrumbs
· 1-pound Ground Beef
· ½ pound Ground Turkey
· ½ pound Ground Pork
· As Needed Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Side Vegetable and Side Bread
1. Pulse onion, carrot, celery and mushroom in a food processor.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients and place in a meatloaf pan (or two depending on size)
3. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until completely cooked.
4. Remove from pan and slice into 1-inch thick pieces.
5. In a very hot sauté pan, add a bit of oil and sear each side of the meatloaf slices before serving.
6. Enjoy with mashed potatoes and gravy, side vegetable and some hot crusty bread.