"12 Cocktails of Christmas" Featuring Carla Williams
What's your favorite Christmas memory?
Christmas has always been my favorite time of year because of all of the special memories I remember as a child growing up. My parents made Christmas extra special for me and my brother. We had a beautifully decorated home. Being together as a family was always the best part. We would wake up Christmas morning and my grandparents that lived next door would come over to see what Santa had brought us and then have Christmas lunch at my other grandparents with my large family. Best times ever.
What’s your idea of a good Christmas Dinner?
Anything my mom and grandmothers cooked. They are unbelievable cooks and have so many amazing recipes that they have passed down to me through the years. I love to cook just as much as they do now.
Do you have a favorite Christmas album?
That continues to change as the years go by. With my love for music. I have found a greater appreciation for different types of music throughout the years. But, I will say that when I think of Christmas music, I always think of Amy Grant.
Do you have any favorite traditions or favorite movies for the holiday season?
I started a tradition several years back with my children. We pick a different city every year to go board the Polar Express! It’s our favorite Christmas movie and it is such a special time with my babies that aren’t really babies anymore. They have promised me, they will never get too old to ride that train with me.
What’s been your favorite album of 2019?
Even though their last album came out in 2018, I have been a huge fan of Dan + Shay this year.
What are your hopes for 2020?
My hope and prayer will always be for a healthy and prosperous year! I pray that my children meet the goals they set, make the grades they want, enjoy the desires of their hearts, remain happy and healthy and live their very best life that touches someone’s world in a special way.
The holiday season brings the best parties and time together with friends and family. What is your signature cocktail recipe that you will be drinking/serving?
My favorite cocktail that I make are my Satsuma Martinis. It’s simple. I go to the backyard, pick satsumas right off my tree, give a hand shake with Stoli and ice and garnish with an orange slice. It’s so refreshing and pretty this time of year!
About Carla Williams
· Born and raised in Mobile, AL. Currently splits time between Mobile & Nashville.
· As a model, she’s appeared in campaigns for Dillard’s, Buckle and has graced the cover of many magazines,
· She has been singing since she was three in church and pursued music as a career, but put it on hold to raise her four children after her country release in 2009.
o “They all love to sing, but my nine year old plays piano and guitar as well.”
· She returned to the studio in 2016 and would distribute her first commercial release in a decade in the spring of 2019.
· Beyond her music, Carla serves as President & COO at Innovative Medicine Partners, a company that accelerates the market introduction of new medical devices that deliver unparalleled solutions.
· Charity Outreach: Ronald McDonald House (her five-year-old cousin was diagnosed with Leukemia in 2008 and that organization took in her family during this time), American Parkinson Disease Association (She served as the caretaker for her grandmother during the last year of her battle with Parkinson’s disease.) & Ryan Seacrest Foundation (Recently performed for the patients at Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt via Seacrest Studios)